Varicose veins are a common health concern and mild versions of the condition rarely require medical care or long-term professional treatment. Common at-home methods for treating varicose veins include readily available anti-inflammation drugs to reduce pain and compression stockings to improve blood flow. A professional can offer advice on the best methods of treatment for your varicose veins if you are unsure of the best approach to take.
Signs that you may have varicose veins include:
- Dark veins or veins that appear to be twisted or knotted.
- More notable symptoms can involve pain or heavy feeling in your legs, throbbing, burning sensations, pain when you stand or sit for long periods, itching, and changes to your skin color.
Seeking Professional Help
If at-home treatment is not providing the relief you need the next step is to go to a doctor who specializes in the treatment of varicose veins and related ailments. The first step in varicose vein treatment will be your doctor verifying you do have the condition as other health concerns can cause similar symptoms. Testing involves the use of ultrasounds and other scans of your legs to detect issues with blood flow and possible blood clotting.
If home care is not successful in treating the symptoms of varicose veins, your doctor may advise more involved treatment methods. These can include the following.
- Laser treatment to shrink the veins without invasive surgery.
- Catheter-based procedures use inserting a catheter with a heated tip to cause the vein to collapse due to heat and then seal itself as the catheter is removed.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy removes varicose veins using tiny surface skin pricks. This involves local anesthesia and does not cause heavy scarring.
- Vein stripping involves cutting surface veins out using small cuts. As this removes surface veins, it does not negatively impact blood flow in your legs.
Three Healthcare Providers
A local Oslo, Norway practice, Åreknuteekspertene is an expert care provider in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins. They can help remove varicose veins and have a short wait time to receive treatment. Also, you don’t need a patient referral to receive prompt care. They offer a non-binding examination to tell you more about your condition and advise proper care. No matter the cause, they can improve your vein health. Click to visit website and see how the experienced professionals at Åreknuteekspertene can help you.
Vene Center has multiple locations across Denmark, located in Odense, Copenhagen, and Aarhus. They promote themselves as the Nordic region’s leading specialists in varicose vein treatment. They start your treatment process by performing an ultrasound to learn more information about your condition. From there they review treatment options and provide follow-up care to ensure you are recovering properly. They proudly list customer reviews on their website which praise their care and professionalism.
Sweden-based Åderbråckskliniken has offices in both Uppsala and Stockholm and serves clients from all over the region. As vascular experts, they can help you with your varicose veins. They focus on providing the best in patent care and support. They offer a consultation upon your first visit along with an ultrasound to better understand your condition and decide on the best course of action. You can book surgery on your first visit if you desire. They accept both health insurance and out-of-pocket payment to fit your specific circumstances.
Varicose veins are a health condition that can be frustrating to live with and make normal day-to-day tasks difficult. You don’t have to live with this condition and treatment options do exist. If you are having problems with varicose veins contact a professional to learn more about the best steps to take to improve your health.