Long Beach is considered one of the best cities in California. Ocean-facing the City of Los Angeles, it has gained recognition for its beautiful sites and fun activities that people can enjoy. In this one-of-a-kind seaside town, you may touch the Pacific Ocean, enjoy art, food, and culture, visit tourist attractions, and bask in the trademark California sun.
You can do many fun things here, from paddle boarding, surfing, renting a boat, or water skiing- Long Beach indeed has many ways to get out on the water. It also offers excellent restaurants, where you can enjoy delicious foods, wine or cocktail bars, and snack houses. Long Beach has a lot to offer, so when you visit this place, you should stay longer so that you don’t miss out on any fun activities. Regarding a place to stay, it shouldn’t even be a worry since there are tons of vacation rentals in Long Beach, CA, at an affordable rates.
Below, we have prepared a complete Long Beach guide to help you make the most of your visit to this lovely destination by providing the finest places to stay in Long Beach, where to eat, and the top activities in and around the city.
Best place to stay in Long Beach
When visiting Long Beach, finding a place to stay is not a problem. There are several vacation rentals in Long Beach, CA, available for you; however, if you prefer hotels, the top places to stay when visiting Long Beach are listed below:
- Hyatt Regency Long Beach– This hotel, located one minute’s walk from the Long Beach Convention Center, has an outdoor pool and a 24-hour lobby. Because this downtown hotel is central to many Long Beach attractions, it is ideal for those who enjoy visiting tourist attractions.
- Hotel Royal– If you are looking for a more budget-friendly place to stay, this hotel is for you. At a more affordable price, Hotel Royal offers many valuable services, including free WiFi, bike rentals, bicycle parking, a business center, and a conference area. At Hotel Royal, travelers may enjoy a comfortable oceanfront stay in a culturally rich location.
- Hotel Maya– This hotel in Downtown Long Beach’s Queensway Bay draws inspiration from Latin America while also feeling at home in southern California. This is ideal for families since it has an artificial beach, fire pits, day beds, and a magnificent swimming pool with poolside cabanas.
Best place to eat and drink in Long Beach
If you love food, then surely you’ll love Long Beach! With beautiful ocean views, Long Beach is the ideal location for unwinding and enjoying a fantastic supper. This area is home to some of California’s finest restaurants, delivering everything from traditional cuisine to international cuisine.
If you’re in Long Beach and looking for a nice place to eat, there are plenty of restaurants you can visit that will be worth your money and time. Here’s a list of the top-rated restaurants in Long Beach you must try:
- Dog Haus– Dog Haus features all the hot dogs, sausages, burgers, and condiments you could desire for a satisfying lunch. Dog Haus, located on the promenade in downtown Long Beach, is an excellent venue for a quick snack or a full supper.
- The Attic– Is a local favorite. This Southern-Style restaurant, located on Broadway Street near the ocean in a quaint 1920s mansion, has a cozy environment that reminds one of Sunday dinners at home with the family. Some of the most popular menu items are the distinctive hot Cheetos mac and cheese dish and their bacon jalapeno bloody mary.
- HiroNori Craft Ramen– Considered the best craft ramen, this restaurant serves the best tonkatsu, shoyu, and even vegan ramen in Long Beach.
- Rivera’s Mexican Restaurant– A local chain of Mexican dishes that serves delicious meals, such as wet burritos, super nachos, and Menudo, at an affordable price- perfect for those who are trying to save money!
- Creme De La Crepe– Creme De La Crepe is a unique restaurant in the middle of the seaside town. This 2nd Street restaurant is recognized for its high-quality French dinners and craft wine, in addition to its extensive crepe menu. The darkly lighted interior of Creme De La Crepe makes it ideal for a dating night.
Fun activities to enjoy in Long Beach.
Long Beach is surprisingly diverse in the activities they offer. You can enjoy swimming in their lovely ocean and enjoy water activities like surfing or kayaking. If you don’t like the sea, there are plenty of other activities to choose from. You can stroll along the beachfront, see the sunset, or visit popular sites. Let’s have a glance at some of the activities available in Long Beach.
- Visit the Aquarium of the Pacific– This is a place to go for a close-up look at Pacific coast fauna. A day at the Aquarium offers a lot to see, with over 11,000 exhibits. The Shark Lagoon, which contains over 150 sharks and rays, and Lorikeet Forest, are the most popular exhibits.
- Boat Trip to Catalina Islands– If you like movies, you’ve undoubtedly seen parts of this island because it was popular in Hollywood films, particularly in the 1920s. Catalina Island is a one-hour ferry ride from Long Beach and has a rich history to offer among its craggy cliffs. With its luxury views, Catalina Island holds various events throughout the year, and this includes wine mixers, film festivals, concerts, Christmas parties, and even triathlons.
- Spend The Night Aboard The Queen Mary– The Queen Mary is a vintage ocean liner built in 1936 that is permanently docked along Long Beach’s beachfront. The Queen Mary is essentially a boutique hotel experience, but it also features a dining room restaurant.
- Visit Long Beach’s Italy-like Neighborhood– If you want to feel like you’re in Italy, visit Long Beach’s Naples area. Like the historic Italian city of Venice, Naples is separated into three islands encircled by canals and linked by stunning arched bridges. This location is ideal for a picnic between gondola trips. You can also rent kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, and hydro cycles to enhance your visit to Naples.