Hernias come in various shapes and sizes, but the most common hernias occur in the abdomen or groin areas. Hernias are typically treated surgically. There are three main divisions of hernia surgery. However, laparoscopic hernia repair is the most advanced and commonly used treatment. Inguinal hernia surgery is an effective procedure for hernia repair.
How Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Surgery Works Well?
The number of laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Surgery treatments has constantly been rising. It acts in the same way as typical laparoscopic treatments.
A laparoscope is a piece of thin, telescope-like equipment introduced through a small incision at the umbilicus. It is of prime importance in minimally invasive laparoscopic hernia repair surgery. The treatment is usually done under general anaesthesia. As a result, you’ll get a complete physical examination before the procedure, including a history, physical exam, and electrocardiogram.
During the surgical procedure, you will not experience any discomfort. The laparoscope is connected to a dime-sized video camera that displays an “inside view” of your body on big television screens in the operating room.
The laparoscopic surgeon inflates the stomach with a safe gas (carbon dioxide) to make room for your doctor to observe your interior organs. To disclose the abnormal tissue or defected hernias in the abdominal wall, the inner lining of the abdomen is sliced. Then, the mesh is inserted on the inside of the abdominal wall to conceal the flaws and strengthen the tissue.
After completing an effective procedure of inguinal hernia surgery, the surgeon closes the small incisions with a stitch or surgical tape. The incisions are barely noticeable after a few months.
Why Is Hernia Surgery Not Always Preferable?
Inguinal hernias that cause pain or other symptoms should be repaired surgically. It’s also preferable for incarcerated or strangulated hernias. Surgery is always the most effective treatment for inguinal hernias in children. However, the surgical treatment is not preferable for;
- People who have an incarcerated hernia or may not be candidates for laparoscopic surgery correction.
- The body cannot support general anaesthesia.
- Are suffering from bleeding complications like Hemophilia or immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Are taking a blood clot-prevention medication.
- Already had a lot of stomach surgery. In addition, the surgery through the laparoscope may be more difficult due to scar tissue.
- Have emphysema or other severe lung illnesses. This is because the carbon dioxide inflating the belly may interfere with their respiration.
- Those are severely overweight.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Groin or Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery is less painful and an effective procedure to treat diseased hernias.
- It offers short hospital stays to the patients once the Hernia Surgery is complete.
- Inguinal hernia surgery is a minimally invasive surgical method.
- It guarantees fewer post-operative health discomforts like wounds or irritations.
- Patients can go to their normal diet and meal plans after the hernia surgery.
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery is a less scary surgical procedure than open surgery for inguinal hernia surgery.
- Patients can go back to their daily routine activities after the laparoscopic surgery, including bowel movement function.
Risks of Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
Although hernia surgery is an advanced and an effective procedure to treat abnormal tissue accumulation. Still, it has many risks. The following are some of the risks of laparoscopic hernia surgery:
- The dangers of general anaesthesia.
- Testicular pain or pain in the cord
- Bladder injury or inability to urinate (urinary retention).
- The mesh or the sutures bring on the infection.
- Formation of scar tissue (adhesions).
- Organs, blood arteries, and nerves in the stomach may get incisions accidentally.
- Pain or numbness in the thigh.
- An injury causes testicular atrophy to the testicle (rare).
- The hernia is reappearing. (This is usually due to the mesh used during surgery being insufficient to cover the wound.)
Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery at ALSA
ALSA Pakistan houses the top Laparoscopic Surgeons in Pakistan. Dr. Tahir Yunus provides you with the best inguinal hernia surgery and hernia repair surgery with fewer post-operative health discomforts. Moreover, he offers you an affordable hernia surgery cost in Pakistan. Because he aims that everyone may benefit from high-quality medical and surgical care. Laparoscopic or inguinal hernia surgery in Pakistan offers successful treatment for some gastrointestinal issues such as hernias.